234 Furnival Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 16. In AJdborough T., Elgin C. on C: Rd. 3, 54 km SW of St. Thomas.
- First shown on a map in 1829 as Aldboro and Aldboro Post Office. In the 1850s the place was called Village of Airey, for Col. Airey, nephew of the settlement founder, but New Glasgow prevailed as the name.
- Residents eschewed the Airey name because they didn't want anything connected to Col. Talbot to be connected with their community. Glasgow means 'river town.'
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/newglasgow