8254 Hwy 93
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 171. In Simcoe C. on the Wye R. and Hwy. 93, 6 km SE of Midland.
- Angus Grant first named the place Macville after his father- in-law Michael MacDonald, but in 1861 it was renamed Wyebridge, taking its name for a bridge over the River Wye.
- That river had first been called Yeo River after James Yeo, a naval commander during the War of 1812. But the crooked river reminded settlers of the River Wye in England and they renamed it.
- CORRECTION SUBMITTED JAN.15, 2018 (See public reviews): Angus Grant first named the place Macville after his father- in-law John 'LeBorgne' McDonell
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/wyebridge