8456 County Rd. 30
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
Description From Owner:
- Quality Barn Removal is a reliable, professional salvage company striving to achieve environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions to your agricultural demolition needs.
- Family owned and operated in the heart of southern Ontario we specialize in the demolition, dismantling and complete salvage of all vintage barns, unsafe or dilapidated structures, all timber frame or historical log homes, all types of silos or mills etc
- While preserving, reclaiming and re-purposing all salvaged wood reclaimed from each structure, we turn unusable property and buildings into productive farm land.
- As a family owned business we operate with the utmost attention to all health and safety regulations as well as paying close attention to reclaiming detail.
- Our goal is to reduce and devert as much of our natural wood resources from ending up in landfill sites across our province.
- While also reducing the impact of worldwide deforestation.While on site under contract all demolition/salvage work is carefully planned and carried out in a timely manner.
- Prior to the 1900s, most barns were timber framed (also widely known as post and beam) forming incredibly strong structures to withstand wind, storms and heavy loads of animal feed.
- These older barns, were usually built using material sawn from timber found on the farm.
- In the mid to late 19th century in Canada barn framing and construction methods began to shift from traditional timber framing to 'truss framed' or 'plank framed' buildings.
- This design greatly reduced the number of timbers needed instead using dimensional lumber for trusses, rafters, and joists, these trusses and joints began to become bolted or nailed together instead of being mortised and tenoned.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/QualityBarnRemoval