ruralroutes.com and ruralroutes.ca thank all of their supporters for 25 years of success!
The concept of rural tourism involves agri, eco, cultural, adventure, community based, historical, wine, rural craft, festival, bird-watching, photography, educational, sports, campsite, etc.This turn-key database is the perfect home based business for anyone that wants to escape the urban rat race. Talk to us.
Read about buying this website as the owner is retiring.
Click to return to website.
Pine Vista Resort
Record Owner? Log in.
Toll Free Phone : (800) 634-2848
E-Mail : Click Here to E-Mail us
Your Host(s) : Kevin and Julie Drain
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
932 Gilchrist Bay Rd.
Description From Owner:
- After 70 years in the Hamilton Family, Pine Vista now has new owners.
- In 1968 their son Vernon and his new wife Bonnie purchased the cottages from them and eventually changed the name to Pine Vista Resort.
- For the next 48 years we have grown the resort to a four star, four season property with 26 cottages and a seasonal campgrounds.
- We are proud to say it has become one of the most successful cottage resorts in Ontario. We are also honoured to have created a venue for several generations of guests and their families to spend their vacations and create lasting memories.
- Our children all worked here and played their part in this evolution however have chosen other careers so the Hamilton name has come to the end of an era at Pine Vista.
- 19 years ago, Kevin Drain joined our staff, however he had been a neighbour, part time employee and a close family friend since he was a small boy. He started in maintenance and worked his way thru all areas including Managing the Resort for the past
- Our whole family is now very happy to let you know that Kevin & Julie along with Darrell & Susan Drain are the new owners of Pine Vista.
- Come to Pine Vista and experience our friendly personable service. Choose from several styles of accommodations, and an abundance of activities for the entire family. Come to Pine Vista once, and you will love it forever.
Address of this page:
Have something to say about Pine Vista Resort?
Tell us, and we'll tell the world!
Raviv K on 28-Jul-23
Amazing resort. Highly recommend. Just took my family for the first time and the kids had a blast. Their kids program was fantastic, the staff are great, the counselors were very engaging with the kids. The place is very well kept. The owner Kevin is around if you need anything. A wonderful experience, I definitely plan on going back for many more years.
Thank you to all the Pine Vista staff who make the experience very memorable.
Donna Simmonds on 18-Jul-22
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is exactly as advertised and we will definitely be back. Thank you for a lovely few days away on a beautiful Lake.
Heidi Fuller on 20-Oct-21
It's good value. it's a 3 star resort but I gave it 5 stars for the value Only 90 minutes drive from GTA, situated on Stoney Lake, which is great for fishing. It is far from any towns, so bring all food and supplies as there are no restaurants or shops/no LCBO or laundry, etc.
Bryan Fligg on 13-Nov-20
Nice cottages, boat rentals, free canoe/kayak usage, GREAT BASS FISHING! Many little inlets and Lilly pads where the bass just sit and hide out. Cottages have decent beds and amenities. Fairly traditional cottage interior, nothing overly fancy or modern, just what you’d expect for a humble Canadian cottage.
Visitors to this page: 2,385
This record last updated: November 29, 2021